In 2021, the Catalan technical textile’ cluster continues growing. On the one hand, there is the gradual increase of the number of members and their projects carried out with the collaboration of the cluster and, on the other hand, we also increased the number of projects in which the cluster participates to offer new services to its members.
In this sense, it is important to highlight the soaring interest of companies in the sector to develop innovation and strategic projects. Some of these projects have been possible thanks to European funding programs such as SME instrument, INNOWIDE or SMARTEES2. In the lasts two years, nine projects of AEI Tèxtils’ members have benefited of these highly competitive funding schemes.
Also, AEI Tèxtils have significantly increased the number of projects related to sustainability and circular economy, implemented by members in collaboration with the cluster. For this reason, the organization increases its staff with a new incorporation that will work exclusively on these issues.
Currently, AEI Tèxtils comprises a team of 6 collaborators with diverse professional profiles complement their experience in technical textiles, on developing innovating activities, managing projects or on strategic reorientation processes:
- Ariadna Detrell, PhD in Industrial Organization, as Cluster Manager
- Josep Casamada, MSc in Chemical Engineering and MSc in Innovation Management, as Responsible of Projects’ Management.
- Miguel Vaz, MSc in Economics and Innovation Management and in Applied Microbiology, as Project Manager.
- Marta Casadesús, PhD in Textile Engineering, as Project Manager.
- Héctor Gallego, Degree on Business Management and Master’s Degree on Environmental, Economic and Social Sustainability as Project Manager.
- David Gómez, Degree on Political Science and Public Management, as Corporate Development responsible.
AEI Tèxtils’ aims to improve as a tool to promote, to facilitate and to contribute to the increase the competitiveness of the technical textiles’ cluster and its members.